Requisition Number: 39166
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Purpose of Position:
The copy editor is responsible for ensuring the technical and grammatical accuracy of marketing collateral while maintaining a strong relationship with corporate and division legal counsel. The copy editor safeguards trademark protections through correct usage in marketing materials. Structure This role reports to the creative operations manager and sits within the marketing services group.
- Coordinate with the corporate law department and division legal counsel regarding the use of trademarks, copyright, and IP security within marketing services collateral
- Responsible for copy editing all customer-facing and internal marketing services collateral to ensure accuracy of information and error-free materials
- Verify marketing collateral meets the guidelines of The Associated Press Stylebook, Corning Inc. and Optical Communications Style Guides
- Proof documents for global/regional distribution in a mix of languages to include American English, British English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Collaborate with graphic and multimedia designers to meet specific project objectives and timelines
- Work seamlessly with external vendors to realize consistency and efficiency
- Ensure corporate writing guidelines are adhered to in marketing services collateral
- Execute work requests with accuracy to produce error-free documents (all client edits are implemented correctly, spelling and grammar accuracy, facts/claims confirmed)
- Respond to all requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner
- Meet or exceed individual KPIs
- Influence team performance and scorecard metrics in a positive manner
Travel requirements: ~10%
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Fine Arts, or similar field of study
- Minimum of 10 years copy editing experience in corporate role
- 2 years’ experience in telecommunications industry and proficient in industry terms and verbiage
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.