Req Id: 245703
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Company: Bell Media Inc.
Position: Coordinating Media Services Technician
Location: 299 Queen St W, Toronto (Ontario)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1 Year Contract)
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Working in a central equipment room involved in recording, digitizing, editing, and outputting of commercial, promotional and program materials for all Bell Media Queen St services
- Digitization and preparation of both long and short form media for air
- Editing play-lists while loading on air media and simultaneously monitoring broadcast services
- Work with production teams to maintain an on-air look and deadlines
- Ability to work with post-production and on-air broadcast operations departments to maintain Bell Media technical standards
- Perform full quality control checks of media, requiring a strong understanding of industry standards
- Coordinate live satellite feeds and perform daily records
- The ability to work and adapt in a fast paced team environment that is continually changing as new technology and workflows are introduced
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a post-production tape environment
- The effective operation and use of broadcast hardware including Sony PDW-1500, PDW-U1, HDW M2000, HDW 1800, PDW-EX30, DNW-A75, DVW-A500 decks, audio consoles, waveform monitors, vectorscopes, and routers
- Knowledge of all major non-linear editing products including Avid & Final Cut Pro, After Effects and major post audio systems including Protools
- A basic understanding of digital delivery and workflow for various SD and HD formats including up converting, frame rate and file conversions
- Ability to thrive in a team environment with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- The ability to multitask multiple requests involving various workflows, and requirements
- Post secondary education in Broadcasting or a related field
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 12/08/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto