Job Req ID: 659341
Position Number: 00174296
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Emergency Department
Location: Union EMS
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Plans, directs, evaluates, oversees, organized, supervised and coordinates the activities and operations of the ground fleet/Union EMS; consisting of equipment, fleet maintenance and procurement. Develops and implements short and long-term goals and objectives for administration; manages assigned service contracts; develops annual budgets; coordinates assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies; and provides administrative support.
- Manages daily operations of the Unon EMS fleet, including; powered and towable assets. Both emergency and non-emergency patient and crew ground fleet Union EMS assets
- Manages fleet management program including acquisition, utilization, repair and replacement of vehicle and equipment fleet, and coordinating vehicle Safety Inspections and registration renewals.
- Works with leadership to implement an ongoing preventative maintenance program from all ground fleet.
- Reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures; meets with team members to identify and solve problems; including safety policies, procedures and emergency response plan/PAIP.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommends within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Assures compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Completes assigned projects.
Travels Extended periods of sitting, and/or standing, must be able to walk comfortably up to two miles, must be able to push or pull boxes with loads up to 500 pounds and lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Major activities may require the need to work under strict time pressures. Must be able to write and speak with clarity and accuracy. May operate small, medium and large vehicles.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. Valid North/South Carolina Drivers license with no moving violations in the last 3 years required. Completes the 4-hour Defensive Driving Course and emergency vehicle operator course or equivalent required. Experience with word processing and spreadsheets required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer