Requisition Number: 42126
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Scope of Position:
As the Controls Technician, you will provide electrical controls support to various areas of the plant geared towards daily operations, continuous improvement, and cost reductions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain plant machine / motion control systems, electromechanical devices, material handling, vision, and robotic systems.
- Work directly with maintenance in troubleshooting and resolution of electrical, controls, and automation equipment discrepancies.
- Provide technical training to associates
- Preventative/Predictive maintenance support
Travel Requirements (please note if international)
- Negligible travel – likely to be once per quarter
Minimal Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Typically, 8-5 M-F, including off-hour, weekend, and holiday hours as needed to support 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a 2-year technical degree
- Electrical Engineering Technology preferred
- 3+ years or more working with electrical controls or automation equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming (ControlLogix, RSLogix, RSLinx).
- Experience with Allen Bradley HMI systems (Panelview, Panelview Plus, Factory Talk).
- Strong fundamental understanding of electrical and control systems (motor controls, servo systems (Pacsci, Ultra3000), machine/motion controls, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, vision systems)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Project leadership skills
- Visual Basic programming skills
- Controls experience in batch processing
- Experience with electrical power distribution (MCCs, transformers, power panels)
- Experience with Microwave or RF dryers
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technical curiosity
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple priorities
- Works well under stressful/emergency situations
- Ability to work effectively in union environment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.