Requisition ID: 223486
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy’s largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF Construction project works on various schedules with differing start times pending project needs. Standard work week is 5-8s schedule Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, with approved overtime likely.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
Assigned to the Construction organization as the Work Package Manager. Responsible for the generation and closure of Construction Work Packages (CWPs). The Work package manager reports directly to the Project Field Engineer and responsible for all items related to CWPs.
- Manages the work package process in accordance with project procedures ensuring a consistent understandable approach to work packaging.
- Coordinates with area field engineers on CWP priorities to support the project schedule
- Coordinates with lead discipline field engineers to assign CWPs to responsible field engineers and interfaces with them during the CWP generation process.
- Actively interfaces across the construction organization to ensure that barriers to CWP generation are removed in a timely manner.
- Maintains the CWP skyline in close coordination with the area field engineers
- Works with the construction automation team to produce reports that detail the CWP creation status
- Leads weekly meeting on CWP creation and closure
- Oversees the Construction Work Packages process to ensure timely deliverables (material, inspection records, packages, etc.) to the field personnel
- Manages the Construction Action Item List (CAIL) to support/resolve constraint that impact field activities and CWPs.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or similar and 13 years of experience or 19 years related experience in lieu of degree
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment, education and travel
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk-downs which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Knowledge and experience of DOE and/or commercial nuclear construction projects is required.
- Candidates should be self-starters, highly motivated, requiring little supervision, and able to work well in a team environment.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of current design codes and standards such as UPC, IBC, SMACNA, ASME, NFPA as well as NQA-1 requirements.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance standards required on NNSA/DOE projects.
- Previous experience working as a Project Field Engineer on a large Nuclear Bechtel EPC project.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.