Requisition ID: 222719
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world scale petrochemicals facility to be constructed in Monaca, Pennsylvania, USA – thirty miles north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The project is divided with two scopes: ISBL and OSBL. The ISBL scope is the supply of 1.5 MTPY Ethane Cracker Unit and three Polyethylene units. The OSBL is the supply of the rest of the facility, the cogeneration unit, rail and utilities. The project will be performed predominantly on a direct hire basis with some specialty and service subcontractors.
Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities as directed. Leads planning and scheduling activities when delegated. Supervises planning/scheduling activities when delegated. Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identifies schedule-associated cost trends for management attention.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers in the home office and at jobsite(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Ascertains that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
- Integrates inter-discipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties. Works with the performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
- Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties. Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Develops required job-hour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost loaded schedules as required.
- Determines schedule dates for work activities within a discipline area or specialty. Determines milestones to support project schedule.
- Establishes work sequence and activity durations for a specific discipline or specialty. Determines interdisciplinary constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences. Works with performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan. Develops and applies installation rates to quantity takeoffs and developed quantities within a discipline or other specialty.
- Continuously assists discipline or specialty engineers in developing their individual work plans and knowledge of overall discipline requirements. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Reviews schedule data and identifies and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting inter-discipline requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
- Develops and monitors short term (2-4 week) engineering and/or construction schedules.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
- Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule and prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report (CIAR).
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used by Bechtel (e.g., Primavera, and Microsoft Project).
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.