Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan – Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
Generation Planning West provides engineering and technical support to the Consumers Energy generation plants. This position exists within the Generation Planning organization specifically in the Air Quality Control System (AQCS) West support team.
The Configuration Control Analyst supports activities for Generation Operations, Maintenance and Engineering with most support at JH Campbell facility located in West Olive, MI.
Some travel may be required to other Michigan locations should the need arise. This position will report directly to the AQCS West Lead but will provide support to all of the discipline Leads.
The Configuration Control Analyst is responsible for the management and administration of information pertaining to the successful operation and maintenance of equipment associated with electric generating facilities.
- Assisting with the identification and labeling of equipment for tagging, working clearance or maintenance plans.
- Helping to verify that Technical ID’s align on equipment, drawings, and electronic records (SAP)
- Creating Maintenance Plans within SAP
- Creating Material Master Lists and Master Equipment Lists within SAP
- Creating Bills of Material within SAP
- Creating or modifying Operating Procedures to support generating plant(s).
- Maintaining databases to support installed equipment information.
The individual would need an understanding of the following:
- Equipment identification
- Functional locations
- Technical drawings
- Piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Wiring diagrams
The location for this position is at our JH Campbell plant in West Olive, Michigan.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field. At least 3-5 years of related power plant or heavy industrial experience is required along with understanding of and proficiency in SAP and equipment functionality.
- Less than a Bachelor’s degree may be acceptable if accompanied by extensive Company or industry experience in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.
Skills that may set you apart:
- Mechanical and electrical equipment functionality.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office and computer analysis programs
- Demonstrated problem solving and analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and set work priorities
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the identification, management, evaluation and support of activities that are critical to the successful operations and maintenance of installed equipment or repairs. Assist with determining and verifying a complete list of equipment. Determine which
equipment may require a Maintenance Plan by referencing Operations and Maintenance manuals and other related sources. Create and enter identified Maintenance Plans in SAP. Determine what equipment will require Bill of Materials (BOMs) and create material master numbers for individual parts to create and enter BOMs into SAP. Assist with determining frequency and activation of Maintenance Plans and a recommended spare parts list. Create or modify operating procedures associated with installed equipment.
Hours and Travel:
Primary work location is JH Campbell, West Olive, MI. Work schedule generally traditional business-like hours, but is driven by needs of service, including electric power demands, market conditions, and business considerations.
Roughly 10% in-state travel for plant equipment inspections and interfacing with O&M personnel and contractors is typical. Individuals must have a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud.