Req ID: 34701
Experience Level: Manager
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Come grow with us
We are recruiting for an experienced compliance professional to join our Legal & Compliance team, a group of highly experienced lawyers and compliance professionals with deep securities and investment advisory experience. This is an opportunity to join a prestigious legal department at one of the largest asset managers in the world. Capital Group is an evolving business in a highly regulated environment; this team is involved in guiding decisions that will make a major impact on the business. The Legal and Compliance group is comprised of 167 associates globally and is a critical resource for our business area assessments of risk. Our team continuously educates, collaborates, and makes recommendations to our business groups to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
As Compliance Senior Manager based in our Los Angeles office, you will be responsible for partnering closely with our in-house lawyers, compliance managers, and sales and marketing teams to ensure regulatory compliance. You will serve as a key member of the sales literature review team and will provide compliance oversight and review of marketing materials for retail and institutional investors in various investment vehicles, including mutual funds, separately managed accounts and collective investment trusts. You will be expected to stay apprised of current US and global issues, Capital Group standards, and regulatory compliance matters while participating in Sales and Marketing projects and initiatives as necessary to support our business.
• Review new regulatory initiatives affecting Sales and Marketing teams and assist with development of business processes in response.
- Review marketing communications for consistency and compliance
- Engage as a subject matter expert, working with marketing department associates on regulatory matters
- Interpret regulatory communications and adapt oversight procedures and guidelines to rule changes as necessary, communicate with FINRA staff as necessary
- Provide ongoing training and guidance to marketing teams on regulatory requirements
• Oversees a team of associates within the Legal and Compliance group. Provides strategic direction and guidance to associates on complex business issues.
• Keeps abreast of internal and external trends and changes in regulatory practices. Analyzes, evaluates and determines how the impact of those trends and changes will affect business operations. Develops, recommends and manages processes, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with regulatory developments.
• Collaborates with attorneys to establish broad strategic initiatives for assigned areas. Participates in discussions at global and cross-functional capacity by helping to develop strategic and tactical business recommendations, validate operational changes and guide execution.
• Participates in discussions with senior managers and attorneys to review, edit and approve changes to policies, processes, procedures and technology needs to ensure they align with business needs and are in compliance with regulatory developments.
• Represents the Legal and Compliance group in a variety of interactions with internal departments and external entities.
• Build a high performing team, including performance management and development of future leaders, as well as manage, motivate, coach and inspire manager and associates on the team; responsible for the overall people management needs of the function
• 10+ years of experience in legal or compliance field, ideally with prior experience working for an asset manager
• Financial services/securities industry experience with knowledge of rules governing securities advertising and detailed knowledge and understanding of investment and economic concepts
• Strong writing and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the organization
• A collaborative team player with the ability to build credibility and strong working relationships
• Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize based on regulatory risks and business needs
• Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions on complex and broad matters
• Demonstrates ability to effectively plan and manage the work of diverse teams
• Demonstrates ability to influence senior business leaders on strategic business matters
• Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of very high complexity
• Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity, ambiguity and diversity
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders and a diverse group of individuals outside the organization
• Demonstrates effectiveness in leading/facilitating with senior business leaders on broad/controversial topics inside and outside the organization
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.