Role: Compliance Relationship Manager
Location: AIB Group, 2 Burlington Road, Dublin 4
Group Compliance is a 2nd line appraisal function established within AIB Group and reports to the Executive Committee and Board Risk Committee. Compliance Advisory equips the business to perform its duties in a compliant manner and to consider activities in terms of appropriate customer outcomes.
Acting as the ‘Second Line of Defence’, the primary objectives of Compliance are:
- To assess compliance risks and controls in place by the business to mitigate the associated compliance risks;
- Provide an independent evaluation of, and opinion on, processes, systems and controls to manage compliance risks, providing recommendations to address areas of vulnerability.
- Preparing detailed compliance progress reports to senior management including contribution to board and committee reports to ensure senior management are up to date and aware of key compliance issues and report to the Board Risk and the Executive Risk Committees on findings, key issues and actions.
Compliance build and manage effective relationships with our Regulators, the Central Bank of Ireland, the Joint Supervisory Team, the PRA, FCA, and relevant US regulators. The major changes being effected within the Bank and the rapidly evolving business and regulatory environment present new challenges for Group Compliance and exciting learning and career development opportunities for all individuals working in the team. Group Compliance is now seeking applications from ambitious professionals who are keen to pursue a career in compliance based primarily in Dublin. Consideration will also be given to external candidates.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Manage key business relationships to ensure that business units are aware of new and existing regulations impacting the business and developments in the regulatory environment;
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely advice to business
- Attend key milestones of business and regulatory projects and provide compliance advice
- Review of new products, propositions and product reviews
- Co-ordinate accurate and timely response to regulatory authorities’ correspondence
- Represent Compliance function at governance forums
- Delivery of training to business on regulatory requirements
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of AIB processes and organisational structure.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- Have a proven understanding and experience of key banking products.
- Have a proven experience of Compliance and Risk Management in a Banking environment and associated risks, clear understanding and knowledge of risk management methodologies.
- Have a minimum of four years in a financial services environment, preferably in a Compliance, Risk or Assurance role
- Have a proven experience in managing relationships with business stakeholders and/or regulators
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Donal from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact her on 01-6416667 or email email@example.com.
By when? Closing date is 14 October 2019