Location: Sheetz Corporate – Altoona, PA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Provide direct support and guidance to Regional Managers, District Managers and Store Management Teams, LIT, Store Employees and other Sheetz employees as needed regarding a broad range of Employee Relations issues. Will also partner with Corporate managers and members of the Human Resources Leadership team to provide in-market support in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Employee Events, Compensation and Benefits, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Partner with assigned Regional and District Managers regarding the resolution of a wide variety of Employee Relations issues with a focus on compliance with Sheetz employment policies and federal, state and local employment laws. Additionally, will focuse on making all decisions and recommendations in a manner consistent with and in support of the Sheetz Culture.
- Partner with other members of the Sheetz HR team to provide in-market support across all aspects of HR, to include Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Employee Events, Compensation and Benefits, etc.
- Provide direction and guidance, including the coordination of investigations, to Store Operations Managers and LIT, regarding a broad range of Employee Relations issues on a daily basis, often involving making complex (in consideration of legal, administrative, and Sheetz cultural criteria) decisions.
- Provide direct support and ongoing follow up, 24/7/365, on unique and sometimes emergent situations, such as employee physical and mental health issues, store robberies, employee assaults, deaths, etc.
- Approve disciplinary action up to and including termination in accordance with company policy. Escalate more complex or high profile issues to the Director of Employee Relations.
- Conduct the Employee Survey follow up process, in assigned area, in conjunction with Operations Leadership to include providing recommendations on actions to be taken based upon survey responses and follow up conversations with impacted employees.
- Respond to and resolve Employee Hotline calls, working in conjunction with assigned District Managers. The HRBP will typically be responsible for making the final decision on when to close an Employee Hotline call.
- Serve as a presenter at various company orientation and training programs.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources or related field required
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification preferred
Tools & Equipment
- Phone, Fax, Laptop, Printers, Scanners, Copiers
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.