Timken Gears and Services’ Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a CNC Programmer/ Senior Tooling Analyst position. The CNC Programmer/ Senior Tooling Analyst is responsible for the implementation of CNC programs for existing and new contracts as well as managing part and tool set up. This position also includes leading the day-to-day activities of the CNC group as well as leading improvement projects within the operations/manufacturing group, including process improvements and tooling upgrades/maintenance.
- Writing and testing programs for components that do not fit into a family for any of the Machine Tools.
- Modifying programs for material, tooling, or machine problems.
- Upgrading family programs for new Engineering features.
- Inputting variables from print into database for program generation.
- Upgrading variable layouts and tool drawings.
- Assisting the shop in determining problems on CNC machines and in the solution of those problems
- Starting up of new machine, including understanding the machine and its limits, working with Project Engineers in the choice of tooling, and writing all necessary family files before the machine arrives utilizing the best cutting methods.
- Responsible for modularizing and maintaining family programs on Machine Tools used for green turning, hard machining, and vertical milling, updating cutting methods whenever possible. Also, responsible for modularizing hard machining families on green machines when the workload shifts.
- Assist CNC operating associates with setup and operating recommendations.
- Lead Technical projects within the group.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the CNC programming group to achieve department and plant goals utilizing the most efficient and lean practices
- Participates in product and process development and design reviews. Coordinates and advises on establishing application of methods, material, and equipment
- Manage the integration of Engineering Services, such as machine tool and automation projects
- Manage the research and design of fixtures and tooling
- Supervise the modification of fixtures and tooling as required
- Program, set up and debug CNC machines
- Perform root cause investigation and implement corrective actions to eliminate non-conformances and improve manufacturing process repeatability
- Develop Control Plans
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Advanced Solid works knowledge
- Advanced MASTERCAM or Esprit knowledge (or equivalent 4-axis software)
- Advanced ability to use inspection tools such as indicators, micrometers, and CMM’s
- Lean/ Six Sigma a plus
- Proven advanced machining knowledge
- Proven experience with Machine Tools & CNC Controls
- Ability to solicit and accept feedback, implementing changes where necessary
- Excel in math, geometry, and trigonometry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing or related preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ machinist experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience CNC Programming (Hofler, Mazak, DMG, Toshiba, etc), machine set up and manufacturing, 4-axis, 5-axis, and multi-axis lathes
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.