Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Deloitte Management Services seeks an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to fill a position within the Technology & Infrastructure department in the Information Technology Services organization.
The successful candidate will provide technical expertise in the areas of emerging cloud technologies within a highly dynamic and progressive environment.
This role will involve programmatic deployment of robust Infrastructure solutions in the cloud. A solid understanding of enterprise storage, compute and networking technologies is key.
The incumbent will be accountable for, but not limited to the duties below.
- Automate the buildout of Infrastructure solutions on the Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud through code
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation and orchestration
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams to facilitate build out of public cloud based solutions
- Good understanding of key technologies and services offered in Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Review and implement security requirements for public cloud solutions
- Monitor, analyze and optimize inter-cloud network connectivity
- Review Infrastructure capacity and generate KPI reports
- Document Infrastructure builds and create system support run books
- Enforce standardization of environment configuration and prevent configuration drifts
- Lead automation of key infrastructure workflows to drive up efficiency
- Cloud Automation (AWS) – Lambda, Boto3, Cloud Formation/ARM Templates, IAM Policies, Serverless Framework
- Cloud Automation (Azure) – Azure CLI, Power Shell, VSTS, Azure Devops
- Scripting and Configuration: PS, PS CLI, AWS CLI, Chef, Puppet, Python, JSON, Yaml, Terraform
- Solid programming skills to facilitate automation of Infrastructure build
- Working experience with Cloud technologies including expertise on the AWS/Azure platform
- Advanced knowledge of provisioning resources in the AWS /Azurecloud with focus on automation
- Cloud certification: Preferably AWS Solutions SysOPs Admin
- Working knowledge of Docker or other container technology is a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking and logical structuring skills
- Self-starter, able to work solo and part of a cross functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or College Diploma in IT with equivalent experience
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Methodical and detailed approach towards project management
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted