Fuse®, the leading global innovator of open smart farming solutions and AGCO’s hub for innovation between brands that brings innovation to the broader agriculture tech market, is seeking a Cloud Architect to drive our growing suite of connected solutions. Fuse focuses on leveraging mixed fleet connectivity to power convenient mobile tools to ensure producers increase yield, reduce inputs, and save time. This position is available as a remote work assignment.
Technical Leads have multiple responsibilities. As a lead you will own guide system design teams of multiple cloud based systems, ensuring that the system design scales to meet the needs of tomorrow’s farmers. As an engineer, you will spend time authoring code to build out enabling product foundations. As a Mentor, you will guide other team members with the best practices and techniques for authoring code within the system.
What You Will Do
- Working with product managers and participating on product teams to define product features
- Accountable for system design for a complex series of connected products
- Mentoring other team members about development best practices and techniques
- Authoring foundational code that underpins the system architecture
- Profiling and auditing the system to identify areas of improvement
- Documenting system and code design for use within the team
What You Will Bring
- Programming concepts and patterns, especially focused on cloud based large scale systems, backend and frontend, with modern programming languages and web development frameworks
- 8+ years of related experience
- History of succeeding within an Agile environment, specifically SCRUM
- Minimum BS Computer Science or equivalent degree
A Plus If You Have
- Passionate about and experienced in analyzing, designing, and building large scale, cloud based IoT systems
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework
Who You Are
- History and ability to perform a leadership role in a large global organization, including: influencing large diverse groups of people, strong communications skills across all levels of organization, ability to work with limited oversight to accomplish complex goals
- History of defining, implementing and governing department level development standards and processes
- Strong history and ability to mentor development teams
What We Offer You
- Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people.
- We also invite you to “Make the Most of You” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
- Position requires occasional global travel to meetings, AGCO site visits, vendor/partner site visits, and conferences.
- Travel will typically not exceed 15% annually.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future. Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people.
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.