Clinical Specialist – Deep Brain Stimulation
Parkinson’s Disease affects 10 million people worldwide, including more than 1 million in the US alone. Our global mission—our passion and purpose—is to support appropriate patients with cutting-edge technology. Boston Scientific helped develop the science of Neuromodulation. We are a global leader in Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS); and we’re preparing to bring that technology into the US market. People with a passion to improve lives created these solutions and are hard at work on additional breakthroughs. If you share our passion to make a difference, please join us. At Boston Scientific Neuromodulation, you’ll have the opportunity to improve people’s lives by promoting commercially approved DBS products. You’ll have responsibility for defining and developing new business opportunities within a defined geographic territory. You will introduce new technology to functional neurosurgeons and to movement disorder neurologists. You’ll help Boston Scientific connect to Parkinson’s Disease patient advocates and to patient education groups. And you’ll assess local competitive conditions in order to help Boston Scientific create access to our novel technology for patients in need.
A global leader
At Boston Scientific Neuromodulation, you join a team that pioneered in the fields of Spinal Cord Stimulation and Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS). But we don’t rest on our laurels. We never stop looking for ways to improve organization and to advance these state-of-the-art technologies. And over the past four decades, Neuromodulation technology has been called upon to provide comfort and symptom relief for 400,000 people worldwide. But there’s still so much more to do. So many more unmet needs. If you have a passion for helping patients, a strategic mindset for advancing therapy in your local market, and the experience to support clinicians in complex cases; let’s talk about how your skills paired with the Boston Scientific organization can advance Deep Brain Stimulation in your geography.
A position with purpose
- Will cultivate a customer base, continuously prospect for new customers, act on leads and persuasively position our commercially approved products and services versus competitors. Drive sales revenue to achieve territory objectives.
- Develop key relationships with functional neurosurgeons, movement disorder clinicians, technicians, nurses and patients.
- Thrive within a high-achiever culture.
- Cultivate thorough knowledge and insight of competitor technology strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrate financial discipline and optimize resources at the territory level.
- Understand hospital buying process for implantable devices. Collaborate with sales leadership, Health Education & Reimbursement to achieve on-contract status at key accounts.
- Support complex neurosurgery cases. Maintain composure in complex clinical situations.
- Lead local Health Care Provider training on device technology and device programming capability. Support academic center journal clubs and Allied Health Practioner skill development.
Qualifications for Success
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in a sales and/or clinical role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of work expereince in a sales and/or clinical role or an equivalent combination of education and expereince
- Medical device sales and/or clinical education experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Biology, Kinesiology or other science field;
- Experience as Physical Therapy Assistant, RN, Chiropractor Assistant, Radiologic Tech or Surgical Tech or similar
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.