Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
This individual is responsible for working with customers and their IT providers developing and certifying shipping solutions. The ideal candidate is motivated and independent, self-teaching, with exceptional analytical ability, outstanding consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with client, IT management and staff, vendors and consultants.
Major responsibilities will include gathering and analyzing customer requirements for shipping automation and EDI and develop/recommend best-fit solutions to facilitate the integration of customer and Purolator systems; providing extensive and comprehensive consultations to Customers and Vendors on Purolator’s automated shipping solutions, EDI and related services; providing requirement review consultations during development stages and participate in all testing cycles.
- Lead a number of key projects for the business unit as assigned.
- Gather and analyze customer requirements for shipping automation and EDI and develop/recommend best-fit solutions to facilitate the integration of customer and Purolator systems.
- Provide technical consultation to Vendor and Corporate Customers in the development of automated shipping solutions meeting Purolator’s standards for labeling, manifesting, rating, validation and overall system functionality.
- Gain an understanding of the unique business and technical requirements on each engagement to facilitate the most appropriate solution design for shipping automation and EDI, based on Purolator’s supported Automated solutions.
- Communicate with appropriate resources such as Principal Consultants, Developers, and Business Development team members to ensure the client’s requirements are met.
- Conduct requirements review sessions, provide design review and development support.
- Serve as Technical Lead for each implementation during the development life cycle.
- Manage the integration of tasks, tracks and reviews deliverables related to the development life-cycle.
- Participate in the quality assurance testing cycle as required; including but not restricted to, preparation and execution of test strategies, test plans, test cases and test reports in accordance with implemented STLC.
- Assures applications conform to documented specifications.
- Log defects and support developers in resolving them.
- Ensures that all tests are conducted and documented according the standards agreed upon.
- Contribute to decision making based on the defect reporting and overall quality standards.
- Ensure that project status, issues and successes are communicated to the project team, stakeholders, sponsors and all levels of management and are documented appropriately.
- Convey goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listen effectively and clarify information as needed; interpret verbal and non-verbal messages that others communicate; produce clear status reports; communicates tactfully and candidly.
- Understand how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels.
- Ensuring the client receives the necessary assistance to carry out the implementation.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Well-qualified candidates are comfortable with client-facing roles requiring technical know-how, have the ability to multitask extensively, and are able to continually and quickly learn new skills with little formal direction.
- Candidates should possess a combination of consulting, technical, oral and written skills gained through a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Confirmed working history that demonstrates excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving aptitude.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts related to integration of multiple systems and how they satisfy business processes.
- Quick to understand, learn and apply Purolator’s automated solution offerings (WebServices, API, Custom Development).
- Must be a results-oriented individual with the capacity to motivate and inspire self and others.
- Flexible to new situations and challenges.
- Make decisions and takes timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and demands and execute tasks quickly and accurately.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, testing, configuration management and quality control.
- Proficiency in MS Office family of products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, Power Point).
- Demonstrated technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- Willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary in order to meet project milestones, implementation deadlines and the like.
- Possess a sound working knowledge of: Database design, development, and enhancement.
- Entry level scripting and programming knowledge using SQL, VB/VBA, Java or C++. is nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Must be A+ Certified.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Project Management fundamentals.
- Experience with Testing, including all phases of testing: System, Integration, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with QA/testing standards, bug reporting, designing and executing test matrices.
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio.
- Background in the transportation industry or experience working with professionals in this industry would be preferred.
- Past experience with multi-carrier and/or carrier specific shipping systems, mailing or e-commerce industry experience and knowledge of bar coding and related printing & scanning technologies would be an asset.
Location: 541 – Richmond
Working Conditions: Office Environment; On the Road
Reports to: Divisional Manager
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.