CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Provides leadership and coordination for sales and support teams aligned to a focused set of strategic accounts. Responsible for the sale, adoption and growth of the company's CDN service portfolio globally to the largest and most strategic customers of which have a major impact on the success and growth of the company. Plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-year focus.
• Accountable for the maintenance, growth and increased profitability of existing accounts and the strategic direction of assigned accounts. Directs strategic, customer specific initiatives, which deliver "value added" services through the execution of customer specific account development plans.
• Builds a high performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with customers at decision-making levels. Defines and executes sales strategies, and communicates clearly and concisely through professional presentations.
• Leads sales and knowledge presentations for key customers and prospects. Develops and discusses how the company’s suite of products and services can meet the customer’s needs, and still satisfy company profitability and growth requirements. Serves as an expert in products, solutions and general service delivery methodologies.
• Maintains an expert knowledge of the customer's business products and services. Ensures profitable revenue growth and customer satisfaction within the assigned accounts. Maintains high level, executive contact with the account, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of the strategic relationship.
* Typically 10+ years of relevant experience with 3-5 years of management experience.
* Must have extensive knowledge in Content Delivery, Media Distribution or related field.
* Ability to develop strong relations with customers at decision-making levels.
* Must be able to work productively in a matrix team environment.
* Must be able to define and execute sales strategies and communicate clearly and concisely through professional presentations.
* Must be results oriented and have a proven track record showing high leadership qualities.
* Must show demonstrated success in dealing with large complex accounts, have a history of running and managing groups/accounts and not only thrive on change, but drive it as well.
* Needs a financial understanding of Total Cost of Ownership model.
* Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including an energetic, enthusiastic and compelling sales presence.
* Viewed as a Trusted Advisor by their customers.
* Operates at the executive level consistently.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Business or Marketing
Alternate Location: US-New Jersey-Edison; US-New York-New York
Requisition #: 217890
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.