Requisition ID: 115169
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: BC Store Operations
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
City: Burnaby Heights
Location: 4911 Burnaby Heights Safeway
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
A day in the life of a Meat Production Clerk:
You will deal directly with customers and answer questions on everything from grilling to nutrition. Our highly skilled Meat Production Clerks are trained here to prepare the outstanding quality cuts that Safeway has built its reputation on. Become part of the team that offers our customers some of our best-selling products.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with previous Retail Meat Cutting experience
- Knowledgeable of various cuts of meat an asset. Safeway specific training will be provided
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Cut and prepare meat products for display using knives and saws
- Stocking various meat products to shelves
- Maintaining and building merchandise displays in compliance with Safeway programs
- Use of commercial power equipment
- Order writing
- Receiving and rotating product
- Filling product showcases
- Cleaning and sanitizing of work area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a Safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Previous Retail Meat Cutting experience an asset
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
(Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Constant lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Constant hand coordination, reaching and gripping
- Frequent standing, squatting, bending, walking, twisting, pushing or pulling
- Occasional lifting of between 20-100 pounds
- Occasional exposure to cold temperatures
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.