Requisition No: 236543
Agency: Department of Revenue
Working Title: CHILD SUPPORT SERVICE CENTER OPERATIONS MANAGER – 73004576
Position Number: 73004576
Salary: $4,118.90 – $9,285.85 / month
Posting Closing Date: 09/23/2020
This is an Internal Agency Advertisement
JOB SUMMARY: This is a Revenue Service Center Manager II SES – Child Support Service Center Operations Manager position in the Department of Revenue’s Child Support Program. This position manages a team of 5 highly qualified team members (2 Revenue Administrator IIIs, 2 Revenue Administrator IIs and an Administrative Assistant II) and has leadership responsibility for 82 positions serving Flagler, Putnam, St Johns and Volusia Counties. The incumbent will provide leadership and direction to service center team members to ensure the operation of the service center remains within the guidelines of the Department’s policies, procedure, mission and values. Work with Region Manager to develop, implement, and monitor operational plans that align with and support the Program’s strategic initiatives. Align resources throughout the service center to support initiatives. Communicate the strategic planning process to managers and team members so that all levels understand the benefits derived from focused strategic initiatives to achieve the top performance for the customers served.
The Florida Department of Revenue is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities to veterans and individuals who have a disability.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently Employed with the Florida Department of Revenue
- Three years of experience in the Child Support Program
- Two years of supervisory experience to include motivating, mentoring, developing and directing team members
- Two years of managing operations, to include planning, organizing, reviewing performance data, coordinating staff work, setting unit performance goals and budgeting
- Two years of experience performing personnel management functions such as recruitment, performance reviews, professional development and corrective actions
- Experience building positive relationships with staff, external partners and customers
- Two years of experience communicating through a variety of methods (report writing, public speaking, presentations) to a diverse internal and external audience
SCREENING DISCLAIMER: Responses to qualifying questions must be verifiable by skills and/or experiences stated on the candidate profile and/or resume.
- All experience to meet the minimum qualifications must be clearly stated on your candidate profile /resume.
- This position will be housed in Daytona Beach.
- This position requires periodic travel.
SKILLS VERIFICATION TEST: All candidates who meet the screening criteria/minimum job requirements may be required to take a Skills Verification Test. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70% to be considered further.
CANDIDATE POOL: Future vacancies may be filled from this advertisement for a period of up to six months.
WHERE TO APPLY: All candidates must apply online at: https://jobs.MyFlorida.com. If you experience problems applying online, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287 for assistance.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Raeann Purcell, 386-274-0109, Raeann.Purcell@floridarevenue.com
The Department of Revenue is a Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) covered employer. For more information review the Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act here.
REMINDER: Male candidates born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website at: http://www.sss.gov.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.