CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Chief of Staff for VP Field Business Operations at CenturyLink will be a motivated and adaptable individual who will ensure the Executive can execute against defined priorities. This individual will help the VP identify the areas where they must direct their focus and help streamline activities. The Chief of Staff also partners closely with the Executive Assistant to strategically manage the leader’s time and help determine fit with the priorities. This role is critical to the systematic operating function of the CenturyLink Field Business Operations leadership team and organization and will handle day-to-day activities to allow the VP to focus on transforming our business.
THIS ROLE REQUIRES 30-50% TRAVEL.
- Define and execute direct and extended staff meeting agendas. This includes cadence of town halls, all hands meetings, management meetings, 1 on 1 reviews, and operation reviews.
- Ensure Executive is thoroughly prepared for all external and large internal meetings; manage necessary prep calls, ensure prep information is consolidated into a digestible format, etc.
- Partner with HR on people planning (work force planning, location strategy, org structure management, and people metrics)
- Coordinate and manage organizational goals & objectives
- Coordinate employee recognition and culture efforts
- Partner cross functionally to improve the employee experience
- Manage internal communications strategy (intra-org and on behalf of the org – partnering with the Senior Manager of Communications.)
- Prepare Executive and External presentations.
- Maintain and keep strategy presentations up to date
- Partner with Executive Assistant to coordinate Executive’s time aligned to internal and external priorities
- Facilitate cross functional priorities
- Proven track record of success in an operational role where executive priorities are translated into actionable plans that can be tracked.
- Executive presence and excellent communication skills
- Ability to navigate complex stakeholder management situations
- Attention to detail across a broad range of contexts and topics
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Experience with Business Operations and Planning, Business Transformation and/or Management Consulting is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with a Bachelor’s degree
Alternate Location: US-Texas-Frisco
Requisition #: 218163
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.