You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Chef Managers, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Participate in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, and development.
- Help with all catering/conference events on site.
- Assist in production, hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction.
- Be responsible for directly managing associates.
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Think you have what it takes to be our Chef Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Four years of culinary experience and strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Sound knowledge of financial management including the ability to control food and labour costs.
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
- Catering and banquet experience.
- Hard-working, hands-on team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Willing to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and feel comfortable learning new programs.
- The ability to work independently.
- You would be a preferred candidate if you have Red Seal culinary certification.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.