At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Position Title: Culinary Intern
Department: Chartwells Higher Education
You will be working closely with the leaders in the hospitality group at Eastern Michigan University, developing skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the world of hospitality and culinary arts. You will gain valuable experience in the culinary arts field including but not limited to: operations, ability to read and follow a standard recipe, sanitation and safety, guest services, problem resolution, menu planning and development, implementation of innovation and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands on experience working in the world of hospitality which will guide you to set the stage for your personal success in a culinary career.
• Interest in the hospitality and service industry
• Interest in culinary arts
• Attitude of a leader
• Enjoyment of inspiring others
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Awareness to sustainability practices
Interest in one or more of the following:
• Carbon foodprint
• Farm to Fork
• Quality Assurance
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Executing operational standards
• Safety: Safe food in a safe environment
• Assuring an exceptional guest experience
• Bring innovation into services
• Receiving, Storage, Inventory
• Associate learning and development
• Purchasing, Production, and Execution of menu items
• Operational support of serving platforms
• Understanding the safe operation of equipment.
• Together with the culinary team, working to maintain the standards from the beginning to the end of the shift
• Uniform Compliance
• Guest Service
• Food presentation and merchandising
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of hospitality and culinary arts.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 310171
CASSANDRA A LINN