Requisition ID: 221838
Responsible for planning and delivering communications to support an organization-wide change program which will deliver exciting new strategy and service transformation projects. Understands challenges associated with large-scale organization transformation and applies expertise to deliver practical, scalable solutions that will successfully engage people in the transformation.
Requires significant change management experience from a practitioner who understands how communications are used to drive behavior and culture change. Key tasks include developing the change communications approach and plan, developing target and tailored change communications, measuring communication channel and messaging efficacy, and coordinating all change communications.
- Creates and implements a communications strategy / plan that delivers relevant and timely information to diverse groups of stakeholders who are directly and indirectly affected by the transformation program.
- Builds engaging and effective messages; including the who, what, when, and why of the change. Develops consistent messaging for the overall program and its component projects to be applied to be applied in communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Defines communications goals and objectives; develops and implements feedback and measurement processes to assess the effectiveness of communications efforts and ensure that we are continuously able to improve communications approach based on quantifiable experience
- Conceptualizes and creates a wide variety of communication content and materials/assets targeted at all levels of the organization, delivered through multiple channels (e.g., in person, print, digital, etc.)
- Builds tools and processes that transformation project managers can use to manage communications related to their project in a consistent, effective way
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of related experience relevant to Change Management
- 5 + years of experience in developing communications for large-scale process and technology transformation initiatives and in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Proven track record of developing new and creative ways to reach key audiences by using innovative and multi-media channels
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to communicate ideas creatively and concisely
- Strong team orientation and ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Strong experience communicating technical concepts to end users
- Experience and knowledge of how people go through a change, the change process and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Knowledge of organizational change management principles, methodologies, tools and best practices
- Experience with data analysis and translating/communicating findings to inform decisions
- Strong meeting and workshop facilitation skills
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.