CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Do you have outstanding customer service skills and enjoy helping people? Does working from home sound good? Then CenturyLink wants to talk to you!
- Work from your home!
- Fantastic Medical, Dental & Vision, offered after only 31 days of employment for you and your family.
- Discounts on CenturyLink Products and Services & Corporate Partners.
- Outstanding prepaid education benefits of up to $5,200 per year.
The Sales and Service Associate will work under immediate supervision in a fast-paced, work from home, inbound call center, responding to phone calls from existing customers who may have concerns with billing and/or interest in CenturyLink products and services. With a high sense of urgency provide extraordinary customer service to include answering questions, fulfilling orders, troubleshooting problems, utilizing internal tools and resources to respond with information, and limiting call transfers with first call resolution.
Wages and Training:
- Training for this position begins September 23, 2019
- $14.25 per hour to start plus the opportunity to write your own paycheck with excellent commission potential.
- Training will be 6 weeks, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm MST. You MUST be able to attend entire 6 weeks of training without time off.
Typical Work Hours:
Current hours of operation are 7am – 7pm Monday through Friday. New hires must be available to work any shift within the hours of operation. Mandatory overtime will be required (occurring on Monday and subject to business needs), based on call volumes during normal hours of operation. ***Everything is scheduled according to Mountain Standard Time***
- Attendance is important to ensure that our customers receive the best and most efficient service possible!
- Receive, listen to and respond to inbound calls from CenturyLink residential customers
- Show care to each customer by using patience, attentiveness, willingness to help while being professional and showing respect
- Build and maintain strong customer rapport
- Perfect the customer experience by providing superior service
- Resolve the customer issue on the first call without transfer, while utilizing various support groups via chat or other multi-tasking abilities
- Consult with customers to determine their wants, interests, and needs; recommend the best solution to enhance the customers experience, which may include selling additional services or right-sizing services to drive customer loyalty
- Advise, consult, multi-task, and problem solve with your customer, which includes complaints and general calls regarding service, billing, payment and other service-related issues
- Meet required customer service and sales performance objectives by determining the best customer experience solution on every call.
- Use various computer systems/screens simultaneously to process sales and service orders
- Maintain and improve speed, accuracy and quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines
- Update job and product knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Data entry with speed and accuracy
This is a home-based position. You will need to provide phone service and internet access. You will need a home environment which is free from distractions which might interrupt calls.
- Ability to meet and exceed monthly sales goals
- Quality oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent punctuality and work attendance history
- Proficient in multi-tasking within several computer applications and databases
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls in a structured environment
- Must be flexible to work various shifts, including Saturdays, evenings, mandatory overtime and holidays as necessary
- Computer literacy
- Positive attitude with a strong customer experience and sales mindset
- Prior sales experience in a customer-facing environment or commissioned based position
- Experience in an in-bound or out-bound call center environment
- Six or more months of customer service experience
To be eligible you must reside in one of these locations:
Black Canyon City
As a Work at Home employee, CenturyLink will supply you a laptop running Windows 10.
You must meet the following physical/logistical requirements for "at home" work in this position:
- External second monitor (20"+ recommended) and cable with VGA compatibility
- USB headset with microphone
- External standalone keyboard and mouse
- Must subscribe to High Speed Internet Service with minimum speed of 10 mbps (No VoIP service is allowed).
- PC must be physically connected to modem/router using Ethernet cable (i.e. computer cannot be run on a wireless connection).
- You are responsible for establishing a dedicated workplace in your home or work location.
- The workplace must have adequate work surface and be free of background noise and distractions.
- During assigned work hours you must make arrangements for childcare and ensure that pets or others cannot be heard by customers.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix
Requisition #: 215084
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.