Job Req ID: 563101
Position Number: 00107854
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 8:30 – 5:00, M – F
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Electrophysiology
Location: SHVI – MCP EP
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
This position is responsible for the interrogation and programming of pacemakers, ICDs and CRT devices for a complex and diverse cardiovascular patient population.
- Interrogates and reprograms bradycardia (Pacemakers) and tachycardia, Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) and Cardiac Resynchronization (CRT) devices in office and remotely.
- Analyzes Implantable Loop Recorders (ILRs).
- Troubleshoots abnormal functions for brady, tachy and CRT devices. Identifies and seeks appropriate therapy for basic and complex arrhythmias and device malfunction.
- Provides general pre and post surgical and procedural care and teaching to patient population.
- Collaborates with pacemaker nurses, electrophysiologists, implanters and mid-level providers to ensure appropriate patient follow-up.
- Identifies and manages device related regulatory issues including advisories, safety notifications, recalls, device tracking and lost to follow up patients.
- Organizes and manages patient and work flow in regional office setting as directed.
This position works in a fast-paced technology driven setting. Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate of a formal Cardiac Rhythm Device Management Program preferred. Minimum of 1 year post training in management of Cardiac Rhythm Devices required. 3 years of Cardiac Rhythm Device management experience in a Cardiac Rhythm Device clinic, cardiology practice or industry setting preferred. BLS and ACLS Certification required. IBHRE (International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners) certification. Certified Cardiac Device Specialist designation preferred. Certified CMA/RMA, LPN/RN, EMT, Paramedic or structured military training which is clinical in nature per DD214 will be considered.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer