Primary Location: Johnstown, Ohio
Relocation Offered: No
Employment Status: Full-Time
Our Steel Ceilings team is seeking a CAD Technician, Architectural Specialties to support our Radiant Construction Services team at our Steel Ceilings plant in Johnstown, OH. The CAD Technician will be ultimately be responsible for providing solutions to internal and external customers through creating drawings via two-dimensional and three-dimensional design software.
Additionally, the Architectural Specialties CAD Technician will be expected to address complex installation and product issues and provide practical contributions in the skillful translation of design layouts into detailed drawings.
Responsibilities of the CAD Technician, Architectural Specialties:
- Complete shop drawings in 2D and 3D that require modifications to our ceiling and wall systems
- Create drawings and details to accompany bid documents, installation instructions, brochures, and web-based applications for custom and standard products
- Provide drawings and details to customers under supervision and review by management
- Recognize issues with submitted drawings and clarify requirements before completing drawings
- Build relationships with internal and external customers, including contractors and architects
Required Qualifications and Education of the CAD Technician, Architectural Specialties:
- Associate’s Degree with emphasis on Design, Architecture, or Mechanical field
- 1+ year of relevant AutoCAD 2D work experience
- Strong AutoCAD 2016 or above skills
Preferred Qualifications of the CAD Technician, Architectural Specialties:
- 3+ years of related experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to produce 3D drawings using Inventor
- Previous Revit experience
- Ability to produce 3D drawings using SolidWorks
- Experience in mechanical design or manufacturing drawings
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings
Experience in architectural office or construction industry
About Steel Ceilings, Inc.
About the Location (Johnstown, OH)
Steel Ceilings, Inc., a subsidiary of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI), is one of eleven AWI plants in North America. Our Johnstown plant in Central Ohio is located a mere 30 minutes from the capital of Ohio, Columbus, a major metropolitan area. Known for its quaint “small-town America” vibe, its proximity to Columbus, the 15th largest city in the US, provides the best of both worlds. In addition to the numerous golfing opportunities that Johnstown can boast about. There are car cruise-ins, concerts, bike path trails, theatrical performances, street festivals, and antique fairs hosted in the area year round.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Steel Ceilings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact AWI employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
AWI will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to AWI, including unsolicited resumes sent to AWI via mail, email or in any form and/or method, including to AWI’s resume database will be considered AWI property.
AWI will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed AWI contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by AWI’s Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee.