Req Id: 268892
Carry the legacy of Bell. Be a part of the company helping the world connect better. By choosing Bell Technical Solutions, you will be choosing a career and not just a job. By nurturing talent and providing infinite growth opportunities, Bell Technical Solutions continuously aims to bring about an instrumental change in careers, lives and dreams. Join us today to discover the personal touches behind the infinite web of communications services and let us make it right, make it personal and make it better.
What is the opportunity?
Candidate will work on the Vehicle Optimization project which entails developing an optimization model to ensure that our Fleet is productive and cost effective. This would require taking inputs from our Hiring plan and working out a proposal for our vehicles.
What will you do?
• Develop mathematical models and find solutions to vehicle planning with mathematical optimization methods or heuristics
• Estimate parameters with statistical methods
• Document and present to a large audience, the selected solving process as well as the results
• Interact with clients to determine their requirements and needs to create solutions using statistic, mathematical and forecast knowledge
• Resolve and troubleshoot problems and complex business issues and act proactively to find solutions to improve the company
What do you need to succeed?
• University or College degree in mathematics, engineering, computer sciences or relevant experience in equivalent domain OR last year pursuing a bachelors or masters in the relevant domain
o Microsoft SQL server or similar
o Python or similar
o Gurobi or similar
• Great asset:
o Statistical learning or AI
o Power BI
• Good knowledge of Excel and Power point with analytical skills working with large and complex data sets;
• Knowledge of BI Data Warehouse design and technical: ETL, OLAP and reporting;
• 3-5 years experience in business intelligence related functions (analysis, coding, etc.);
• Knowledge of SAS environment and programming language;
• Knowledge of BI presentation tool (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
Location : Ontario/Quebec (working from home until further notice)
Position Type : P2
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with some evenings and weekends based on the needs of the business
Duration: 6 months (potential for extension)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Non Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Brampton || Canada : Ontario : Hamilton || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Nepean || Canada : Ontario : Scarborough || Canada : Quebec : Anjou || Canada : Quebec : Boucherville
Application Deadline: 09/25/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell Technical Solutions, we do not just accept differences – we celebrate it. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where team members feel valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, contact your recruiter or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Employment Equity team at Equite-Equity@bellsolutionstech.ca.
Created: Canada, QC, Anjou
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers