Job ID: 78360
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base.
Maintains ownership for the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, locating bugs, tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and reproduction
What will your job look like?
- You will provide billing engineering expertise to troubleshoot, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations, to ensure that the product/solution performs within optimal design specifications.
- You will Investigate, debug and reproduce issues, provide fixes and workarounds, and verify changes to ensure continued operability of the software solution.
- You will analyze production issues from the business and application/code perspective and outlines corrective actions.
- You will be the technical focal point with other teams to resolve cross product/solution issues.
- You will have the ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application and provide technical support and guidance in problem resolution for complex issues.
- You will bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to software or business processes by utilizing Software Engineering tools, various innovations and techniques and the reuse of existing solutions.
- Hands on position in charge of driving billing activities.
- Execute and monitor billing stages.
- Handle rejects and fallout of billing processes.
- Create strategy to reduces billing timelines as much as possible.
- Implement billing quality gates.
- Be in customer facilities to act as main point of contact for billing.
- Coordinate with Onshore (Guadalajara) and offshore (India) teams to assign priorities.
- Be able to quantify impacted customers due to issues in billing.
- You will communicate with internal/external customers to enhance the understanding of customer problems and verifies that an appropriate resolution has been applied.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computers or equivalent
- 6 Years’ experience as a Software Support Engineer
- 6 years´ relevant experience using C++
- Intermediate / advance Java programing.
- Technical experience able to work on Oracle DBS and Linux/Unix environments.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team
- You will be challenged with leading the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies