At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity
The Automation & Tools team, within Quality & Operational Completion, Service Line Operate, BA Managed Services, focuses on industrialized delivery of Automations to all Service Delivery Units (SDUs) within the Service Line Operate. A blend of COTS & In-house platforms are used to deliver Robotic, Process, Runbook & Customized Automations for the SDUs.
The position of Scrum Master collaborates with the Line Managers with the Automation & Tools team!
- Facilitate your team for better creativity and improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Be responsible for leadin the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team as per the Agile methodology.
- Arrange daily stand-up meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Support product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Handle & resolve conflicts by focusing on scrum values of willingness, honesty and respect.
- Need to forecast the numbers of work possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Need to be a specialist in estimation and planning.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Influence business decisions with risk vs cost of doing nothing;
- Minimize the risk to E/// in containing incidents;
- Drive positive culture emphasizing a common efficient risk-based approach, executed by an empowered workforce. Develop means to cultivate this culture throughout the organization
- Provide leadership during incidents & crisis situations
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Ability to lead a service delivery organization cross multiple geographical sites towards multiple customers
- Centre-of-Excellence (CoE)
- Automation Architects/ Automation Engineers
- SDAP SD / Operations / CI
- SDU Automation Drivers / Product Owners
- Data engineers / analysts / scientists
- Functional Domain Experts, business process owners
Education: Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum years of relevant experience:
Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Scrum Master / Leading Project Delivery / Leading Operations Delivery with a deep understanding of Software Delivery Life Cycle and Agile Frameworks.
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.