ATS Systems Engineer-TRCS-AUME02068805
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Systems Engineer- Automatic Train Supervision (ATS) in Melbourne.
Purpose of the Role:
Design, analyze, develop, test and demonstrate engineering solutions for the RSA Automatic Train Supervision (ATS) system that meet the requirements of the project. Provide ATS technical expertise in support of other departments.
– Work with lead system engineer to define System Architecture and concept design for the project.
– Lead System Requirements effort ensuring compliance with applicable standards.
– Work with lead system engineer to identify, define, control and manage system interfaces, including electrical, civil, operational control system interface and software.
– Support integration activities.
– Lead system design reviews and provide technical leadership in external and internal customer design reviews.
– Develop and maintain System Design Documents.
– Provide guidance on improving system operational performance.
– Develop Operational Rules/Principles with operator and customer.
– Support Change Control Board (CCB) for technical changes.
– Support Project Engineering in all technical decisions.
– Support System Configuration Management for the system through the whole lifecycle.
– Support Sub-System team for detailed design.
– Support System Test team for non-conformity report analysis.
– Ensure compliance with division and department processes.
– Create ATS design requirements in conjunction with design leads
– Designs ATS engineering interfaces, gathers and analyses technical data, solves design problems, performs trade-off and coordination studies, creates novel design alternatives, develops reliability, safety and maintainability approaches, and decides on optimum design approach.
– Participates in design reviews internally and with customers and develop system requirements, to provide ATS input
– Provides ATS technical expertise to design teams.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
– B.Sc. degree, MA or minimum 8 years’ experience
– 5 years or more experience in ATS systems design and application, experience or familiarity in application of multiple engineering disciplines to Transportation systems.
– Superior verbal/written communications skills for effective interfacing with technical team members.
– Understanding of Bombardier ATS system
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy. Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: AU-VIC-West Melbourne
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 14.01.2020, 11:22:53 PM
Unposting Date: 14.02.2020, 10:59:00 PM