What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Atlanta Electrician Tech:
Pay Range: $26.52 – $31.59
International Paper, a world leader in industrial packaging, is currently seeking applicants for the position of an Electrician Technician at the Container Plant in Lithonia, GA. We are seeking a highly motivated, knowledgeable and experienced maintenance technician to work and grow within our maintenance team. Individual must have a strong technical aptitude and possess 2-4 years of direct industrial mechanical and electrical experience – preferably in a manufacturing environment.
The following skills and abilities are required:
- To safely and efficiently troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems that includes hydraulic, pneumatic, power transmission, and conveyor systems.
- Use hand tools, power tools, welders, cutting torches, fabrication equipment, electrical testing equipment and computers.
- Read electrical block diagrams, schematics as well as PLC ladder logic
- Be available to work all shifts as well as weekends, call-ins, holidays and overtime as necessary. This facility runs on a 24/7 production schedule.
- Experience in a corrugated facility is preferred but not required.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred but not required.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
The protocol for hiring: must pass required maintenance test, consent to a background check, and consent to a physical/drug screen as part of the hiring process.
Qualified applicants should apply at www.InternationalPaper.com/careers. Qualified candidates will be contacted by facility.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.