Shift: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Building/Location – Building 4 & 5
Dart is seeking an experienced Associate Quality Engineer who is looking to apply their knowledge in a fast-paced machining environment. At Dart's Machinery and Tooling Manufacturing we use the latest technology to produce prototype and production tooling, and prototype and production machinery for Dart plants worldwide.
With a foundation built on honesty, integrity, teamwork and respect for the individual, we’ve created a workplace where people who share our values thrive. We also invest in providing an environment centered on safety, community, health and wellness.
Successful candidate will apply engineering and quality systems knowledge for minimally complex projects to ensure quality and prevent defects in all phases of the manufacturing process from suppliers to customers.
See below for details and apply today!
- Regularly monitor production and machinery to ensure quality standards are met
- Develop knowledge of processes, equipment, raw materials, and products
- Formulate inspection procedures for quality checks at both the quality department and shop floor levels
- Collect relevant data from various related sources
- Analyze data to identify trends that can be used to improve quality
- Make suggestions for improvements including action plans to achieve success
- Perform Supplier Qualifications and Evaluations as stated in SOP.
- Analyze data and make recommendations to management for improvement including detailed plans of action
- Create reports and/or presentations on a regular basis to present to management on how the plant is performing against the quality standard with recommendations for improvement plans
- Process assigned tasks on Quality Notifications by researching defects and making determination of functionality and assigning applicable disposition(s). Including but not limited to, creating rework/repair operations
- Perform root cause analysis including corrective/preventive action implementation
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing Engineering to improve/change processes
- Research new inspection methods for both Quality departments and Shop floor operations which increase accuracy, efficiencies, and utilization and make recommendations for implementation
- Research new inspection equipment/technology to increase accuracy, efficiencies, and utilization and make recommendations for procurement and implementation
- Create CMM programs – Real time and Offline, utilizing PC-DMIS software
- Create C-Vision programs
- Provide any relevant Quality training to MTM employees
- Promote good employee relations and high morale
- Demonstrate teamwork and respect by working constructively with co-workers to achieve the best results possible
- Follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor or department manager
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Requires one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Engineering or related field of study OR
- Associates degree in related field, and three (3) years’ of previous work experience involving quality systems, OR
- Six (6) years’ of work experience in quality systems in a manufacturing environment
- Proven analytical problem solver
- Ability to utilize business sense and creativity to develop new ideas and solutions
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes to internal and external customers
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and flow charts in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Two (2) years’ experience using and programming a CMM preferred
- Experience using PC-DMIS preferred
- Experience using and programing C-Vision comparator preferred
- Experience in Capital Expenditure Process preferred
- Experience in SAP Quality Management preferred
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.