Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor “Best Places to Work” three years in row, we couldn’t be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life’s special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
As an Associate Customer Marketing Manager, you will support the overall Commerce Marketing objective to make it easier for people to find, buy, and enjoy our brands. You will drive the development and implementation of insights-based, cost effective, on-equity, and timely initiatives for regional key account programs within the Midwest region. In this entrepreneurial role, you will be responsible for customer segments and working towards constant improvement in A&P investment effectiveness.
What You Will Do
- Oversees the Regional/Key Account Program and point of sale (POS) development process
- Works with Customer Marketing Manager to ensure each individual Business Unit budgets are met.
- Functions as a locally embedded partner at the Anchor/Tier 1 market location
- Works closely with internal and/or external creative and agency partners.
- Writes clear and inspiring briefs.
- Ensures on-time in-market deliverables of assets and campaigns, trouble-shooting and applying remediation when problems arise.
- Stays up to date on market and customer data to actively mine insights to be applied to Shopper strategy and/or programs.
- Stays up to date on digital best practices to include customer-specific digital practices and platforms.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to assigned customer teams regarding quantities and allocation of program elements to include POS materials.
- Collaborates to find the best and most efficient solutions, processes, outcomes and ways of working.
- Supports and coordinates coupon distribution and execution; participates in coupon production and distribution by gathering of estimate requirements and supporting the copy creation, follows coupon standards and exception process as needed.
- Supports the coordination of program assets, point of sale, and coupon distribution and execution with Commerce Operations team.
- Serves as the communication liaison between Modesto Financial Operations department and field organization team members
- Directs focus and activity based on national priorities, regional relevance and customer tiers.
- Provides input to facilitate annual region budgets in real time to enable the customer marketer to manage the forward annual plan.
- Analyzes region and customer programs to ensure an acceptable ROI is achieved.
- Ensures appropriate brand equity execution in all relevant retail programming materials.
- Utilizes both internal and external vendor resources, responsible for organizing necessary milestone meetings, including original program briefs, concept reviews
- Represents the department while interfacing with creative, brand and commerce marketing, compliance, Digital, FinOps, Sales Planning, Sales departments, and outside vendors.
- Works with customer team to monitor Sales feedback regarding program effectiveness
- Serves as the customer team’s direct contact for the development of selling materials
- Provides administrative and staff support to align Customer Marketing Manager.
- Administers programs, projects, and processes specific to the operating unit served.
- Oversees the preparation and coordination of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations.
- Serves as liaison with others internally and outside the organization regarding issues related to purchasing, facilities, and operations.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of years of communications, finance, marketing, sales or CPG shopper marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of Gallo specific marketing or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to travel via automobile to perform job duties.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a Marketing concentration plus 5 years of marketing, customer marketing, sales, winery operations, data analytics/sales development or supply chain experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with end consumer and retail trade consumer product marketing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations with all levels of employees.
- Customer-oriented, with strong project management and organization skills.
- Experience taking direction from multiple individuals located in various parts of the country.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Skilled in presenting information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and MS Excel at an intermediate level, MS Access and MS PowerPoint at a basic level.
- Skilled in applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Skilled in interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.