Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor “Best Places to Work” three years in row, we couldn’t be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life’s special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Reporting to one of our Senior Compliance Analysts within our Compliance and Regulatory Department, you will analyze the organization’s regulatory programs and activities, ensuring compliance with federal, state and international laws, industry codes and company policies for Brand Marketing. Are you an ambitious analyst who enjoys compliance, regulation, and law?
What you will do
- Perform activities related to obtaining government approval for items that are covered by government regulations.
- Participate in related government interaction and compliance activities within the organization and at contract facilities.
- Review proposed activities by regulatory agencies to determine potential impact on the organization and advises management on such issues.
- Research, analyze and interpret regulations to provide recommendations for business initiatives.
- Coordinate and participate with management in the resolution of non-compliance situations.
- Create and distribute standard reports.
- Prepare reports to management, defining problem, evaluation, and possible solution.
- Maintain appropriate files, records and documentation.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
What you need
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor's degree plus 1 year experience in regulations compliance or within quality control, government administration, marketing, alcohol beverage sales, winemaking or legal support with responsibilities that included compliance functions; or 5 years of experience in regulations compliance, or within quality control, government administration, marketing, alcohol beverage sales, winemaking or legal support with responsibilities that included compliance functions reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and MS Excel at a basic level.
What will set you apart
- Bachelor’s degree in legal studies, business administration, political science, winemaking, economics or marketing plus 3 years of experience in regulations compliance or within quality control, government administration, marketing, alcohol beverage sales, winemaking or legal support with responsibilities that included compliance functions reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Experience with writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Experience with effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Experience with online research websites, such as Lexis-Nexis or CCH.
- ISO experience.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Experience with applying established procedures to situations that are non-routine in nature requiring some evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
- Experience with working on multiple projects at one time and organizing them appropriately.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.