Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Senior Analyst, Community Solar
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly motivated Analyst or Sr. Analyst to become a part of SunPower’s Business Development & Strategy Team. In this role, you will work with experienced analysts, developers, and the Commercial Direct division as a whole to accelerate SunPower’s Community Solar business development initiative. You will interact regularly with SunPower’s Project Finance, Development Engineers, Public Policy and Direct Sales groups to originate and develop high-value Community Solar assets from site identification to notice to proceed (“NTP”). In addition to your core responsibilities for project financial analysis, design optimization and project development support, the Analyst / Sr. Analyst will also aide in market discovery and strategy, public policy analysis and advocacy, and asset marketing and sales. This position may also evolve into an originator and/or developer role, depending on the successful candidate’s interests and competencies. This is an excellent “ground floor” opportunity to grow rapidly with a key initiative for the Commercial Direct division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support new Community Solar opportunities to determine optimal project design
- Evaluate opportunities at all stages using financial models
- Value-engineer opportunities from site lead to NTP
- Communicate daily with critical internal teams
- Research available state market programs and incentives to maximize project valuations
- Manage time and shifting priorities among active opportunities
Work on special projects to improve our processes, value proposition and reach, such as:
- Creative deal structuring and new financing strategies
- Policy support on new markets
- Process improvement and templates integral to the Community Solar team’s success
- Involvement in contract negotiations (e.g., land leases, M&A agreements, etc.)
- Assistance in portfolio-level analysis, cash planning, and asset sales
- Strategic thinker – you thrive in complexity and take an exhaustive approach to finding the right answers
- Self-starter – you have a bias for action and take personal accountability for the team’s success
- Excellent communicator – you are proactive, responsive, and are can quickly identify and engage internal and external resources to solve problems
- Adaptive learner – you gain facility with new topics, tools, and processes rapidly
- Detail-oriented – you are very well-organized, follow processes efficiently and effectively, and are deeply committed to the integrity of your work product
- Team player – you bring humility, patience, generosity and humor to your work
- Bachelor’s degree
- Substantive experience with financial analysis, including advanced facility with MS Excel, through formal education and/or practical work experience
- 3+ years of experience in the renewable project development industry, preferably in a highly quantitative role. Position level (Analyst or Sr. Analyst) will be assigned based on the successful candidate’s degree of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.