Location: Regents Centre North (PHX-52N1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33726
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Security Team within the Information Technology Division and can be based in Dallas or Phoenix.
- Responsible for the detailed and repeatable execution of all daily operational tasks as documented in processes and procedures. Specifically, the first-level Analyst will be responsible for timely monitoring, review, research and analysis of security events coming into the various CSARC channels (mailboxes, phone line, SIEM, etc.). They will also be responsible for updating relevant documentation (tickets, shift logs, etc.), and closing and/or escalating events, as necessary.
What you’ll do
- Rapidly identifies, categorizes, prioritizes, and investigates events using all available CSARC log sources.
- Monitors incoming event queues for potential security incidents according to established operational procedures
- Performs initial investigation and triage of potential incidents, and escalates or closes events, as applicable.
- Monitors CSARC ticket (and email) queue for potential event reporting from outside entities and individual users
- Maintains CSARC shift logs with relevant activity
- Documents investigation results, ensuring relevant details are passed to second-level team members for final event analysis
- Updates/references CSARC collaboration tool, as necessary, for changes to process and procedure, ingestion of daily intelligence reports, and previous shift logs
- Collaborates with other CSARC teams on security research and intelligence gathering
- Works a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, as needed to support the CSARC operation
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of Information Security experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of Information Technology experience
- 1+ years of Cyber Security (SOC) experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Information Security Certification such as: Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GREM
- Experience monitoring services across multiple platforms
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time to meet commitments and expectations
- Ability to remain organized and adapt to unexpected events, new facts, and rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Ability to effectively diagnose an issue and recommend a solution
- Ability to be flexible and focused to deliver products with different priorities and timelines
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers, and external groups, as well as working in a collaborative environment with geographically dispersed resources
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33726