Location: United States : Pennsylvania : Clarks Summit
Role Value Proposition:
The machine operator properly sets up and operates MICR printers, check inserters, folders, and is able to process checks. The role also maintains all required meter logs, reconciliation logs, postage reports, check inventory logs, and check statement logs accurately.
- All outputs are inspected for quality and accuracy- output counts must be exact at all times.
- Ensures problems are immediately reported to the area supervisor and / or management.
- Answers phone politely and responds professionally to all requests from internal and external customers.
- Handles requests for special check processing with quick, precise response, being able to accurately match administrative personnel labels with quality control sheets.
- Uses time productively; seeks additional work during slower periods and helps others in meeting commitments.
- Keeps accurate and precise counts on all log sheets of all checks printed, inserted, presort and special handling.
- Gives clear and precise carryover instructions to all co-workers taking over for them.
- Has thorough understanding of all procedures dealing with MA&H cancellations; this includes matching, mass certified, and affiant responsibilities and prepares spoiled postage reports and meter replenishments.
- Takes corrective action regarding problems encountered in all areas.
- Maintains accurate logs pertaining to mail presort; release and distribute all hardcopy / mail
- Will take corrective action with all problems encountered, and see that all trouble report tickets are properly written and closed on all hardware and software problems.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Ability to acquire knowledge of check reconciliation and check reprint processes through MetLife systems.
- Able to make sound decisions to ensure all commitments are met.
- Position includes pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting can be up to 20 lbs. Position is considered light industrial.
- Role shift is Monday to Friday 7am to 330pm with standard breaks; must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a machine operator
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
Ashley Lonsinger Ashley.email@example.com
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $600 billion of total assets under management as of December 31, 2019. We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 115061