Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Optimize pre-season buying depth, in-season sell-thru monitoring and “plan B” proposal to achieve eCom financial goals for adidas.
- Align eCOM assortment with CTC AP for own .com and platforms based on the Category Planning range plan for the country – Japan.
Deliver below tasks as part of the eCom Buying team with manager’s support.
- Provide quality feedback with manager’s support to omni-marketing calendar draft prepared by Brand Activation.
- Provide quality feedback with manager’s support to assortment planning draft prepared by Assortment Planning.
- Attend the APAC sign-off meeting (*mini GBC) to make the eCom Buying decision better.
- Provide the forecast by article level to Category Planning before the sign-off.
- Based on “Open to Buy” by category and assortment plan, make the buying depth plan and get approvals by Director and Senior Manager eCom Buying.
- Aligned beforehand the category strategic plan and eCom related functions.
- Provide the latest product launch information reflecting the delivery status with Digital Activation, and eCom Operations / CX teams to be ready for the optimized consumer journey on eCom.
- Monitor, analyze, and report the sell-thru to eCom Buying Director and eCom leadership.
- Propose “plan B” if the sell-thru is underperforming and additional orders using SPEED if the sell-thru is outperforming.
- Represent eCom as category sales person, attend the cross-function team meeting, and share business update for Category Planning.
- Flag low sell-thru articles and propose a markdown date to Category Planning.
- Make an eSite visit to understand the consumer trend and review best sellers and/or black holes.
- Propose the mid-season and end-season sales planning based on the in-season performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong presentation skill
- Strong communication skill
- Strong “Play to Win“ mindset
- Experience in Merchandising/Buying
- Experience in Japan market
- Passion for sport and fashion
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant Merchandising or Buying
- Business level English / Japanese
- Japan CtC adidas
- APAC CtC Assortment Planning
- Japan Brand Activation (*especially Digital Activation and Omnichannel Marketing)
- Japan Supply Chain
- Japan DTC buying