Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Your task as a Assistant Manager, Demand Planning is to drive the whole planning process and to create the aligned unconstraint demand and the Demand Planning Signal for designated countries, including all sales channels and brands and respective categories assigned. The Demand Planning Signal is the basis for Purchasing and significantly influences the Inventory Management (out-of-stock and excess), which has a direct impact on our ability to achieve sales and contribution targets.
- Ensure high performance in the demand planning process
- Steadfast adherence to local and global timelines
- Manage demand planning with SCM-APO and AFS-SCA, MSTR-BI report deliver timely and accurate output of demand plan to purchasing.
- Validation of data integrity and cleansing of data prior to forecasting
- Resolve issues related to the integration of information between systems (RMA, SCM-APO, AFS-SCA, MSTR).
- Provide Demand review information at article level and aggregated level. Demand review should cover 4 main metrics as there are:
- Net Sales
- Ave rage Selling Prices
- Standard margin
- Validate Marketing range forecast (RMA Line List)
- Participate demand review meetings with focus on forecast trending and comparison vs business targets, define actions items with business team.
- Interface with business partners
- Drive the consensus of the unconstraint Demand between Channels and Brands
- Facilitate the consensus through 1×1 meetings with the Marketing & Country Commercial teams
- Document and challenge forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry statistics, and market dynamics
- Analyse and define the Demand Planning Signal based on the unconstraint demand and the RMA forecast submitted by Marketing, per Channel.
- Define, review, adjust and finalize Demand Planning Signal prior to sending to Purchasing
- Review sales order information vs Demand signal at articles level to find the gaps.
- Collect Stock support orders from countries via offline template and maintain properly in SAP systems.
- Ensure demand forecast is regularly reviewed, aligned with respective channel heads and reflect correctly in SAP.
- Participate in the Buy Plan Review Meeting with Purchasing.
- Measure and report forecast accuracy (DPA) at market, brand, channel and article levels
- Participate in the development of the cause of error to ensure continuous improvement of the overall process
- adidas and Reebok Marketing teams
- Country Wholesale, Franchise, Retail, and Ecommerce teams
- Customer service
- IBP manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior analytical skills, and can see the “big picture” while still playing attention to the detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- High degree of commercial and business acumen knowledge to challenge and drive consensus between Sales & Marketing
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must. Skills and abilities in other language are an added plus
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 year of demand planning experience within a large sales organization
- Bachelor degree
- Preferable experience in the sport or clothing industry