Requisition Number: 37708
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
The purpose of this position is:
- Learn to perform one or more repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce microscopic to small products.
- Place parts in specified relationship to one another.
- May tend equipment and perform force fitting or fastening operations, may be assigned to different work stations as production needs require.
- Perform work effectively on any product line and/or assembly operation including performance within specification on machines, etc.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Learn to operate hand or power press required to assemble, such as crimping, shaping, locking, staking or press fitting, align work pieces against fixtures to required ram specifications, activate controls of equipment on presses.
- Learn to assemble under microscope using razors and tweezers to assemble parts.
- Perform final inspection on parts produced by operator Pull shipper and complete order for shipping at a high level of accuracy.
- Work on production line where tasks vary as different model(s) of same article move along the production line.
- Must be able to identify parts; possess good manual dexterity to company required standard for quantity and quality.
- Perform packing and routine in-process inspection functions.
- Operate hand or power press required to assemble, such as crimping, shaping, locking, staking or press fitting, align work pieces against fixtures to required ram specifications, activate controls of equipment on presses.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, part identification, and record data with respect to job card/work orders.
- Must set-up relevant equipment. Utilize microscope throughout shift and manipulate small parts.
- Utilizes razors and other stripping apparatus May be required to run hand presses.
- Must have working knowledge of various assembly machine operations.
- Maintain an understanding and record of job work order cards and count verification.
- Conduct quality spot checks as to proper assembly using appropriate identification and gauging equipment.
- May be assigned to different work stations.
- Sort scrap parts.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as requested.
- Frequent physical effort in handling light material and hand operations.
- Good working conditions.
- High School or General Education Diploma
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.