Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250 employees, BWXT has eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Assembly & Test Technician – BWX Technologies, Inc. – Euclid, OH
Assemble, test, inspect, clean and package electromechanical systems and sub systems, such as Control Rod Drive Mechanisms, in accordance with applicable procedures and specifications.
- Assemble and test control rod drive mechanisms, and/or sub-assembly components such as AC stators and DC coils.
- Inspect, clean and package product for shipment.
- Perform various electrical measurements, such as resistance, insulation resistance, and dielectric strength tests on AC/DC circuits.
- Perform precision mechanical adjustments to complex, high value, components.
- Perform assembly and test operations on development products in accordance with detailed engineering instructions.
- Maintain Assembly and Test facility equipment. Maintain cleanliness of A&T facility to meet MIL-STD-767 requirements.
- This position will be on the 2nd shift, after a few months of training on 1st. Candidate must be willing to work 2nd shift.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Associates degree in mechanical or electronic technology is preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in a precision Electromechanical Assembly & Test environment.
- Must be capable of performing assigned tasks from ladders and raised platforms.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.