- Requisition ID: 222670
- Relocation Authorised: National – Single
- Project: NS&E, UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Position to be Panel Interviewed: Yes
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Assigned to a field construction organization in a managerial capacity, reporting directly to the Area Project Manager and with a matrix reporting line to the Project Construction Manager. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities of a single construction project. Primary client contact for all project field activities. Responsible for all jobsite activities and ensures construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Accountable for successful delivery of all construction activity to support the project
- Responsible for safety, quality and productivity of a construction workforce expected to number several hundred
- Line manager oversight for a team of construction management professionals
- Coordinates all jobsite activities including actions of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives.
- Responsible for continuous development of the relationship with the customer. Maintains client relationship and is the primary contact for client’s communication with the field activities for the area.
- Responsible for total site management including supervision of construction craft personnel, field engineering, contract administration, cost and schedule, field procurement, finance and accounting services, and craft resource personnel as applicable. Responsible for ensuring development and execution of, Environmental Compliance Plan, safety plan, site survey plan, non-manual staffing plan, and Area Construction Execution Plan.
- Implements Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy, security, housekeeping, and fire protection on the construction site.
- Ensures the field organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on field staff in accordance with established schedule.
- Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, construction management, or related field would be preferred.
- Will have delivered projects from pre-construction planning through to construction completion in role of CM.
- Will have gained experience in construction management delivered through an EPC/EPCM delivery model
- Will have worked in a construction leadership role on nuclear and/or defense projects
- Minimum of 1 UK construction project’s experience of >£100M (from pre-construction planning through to completion).
- Experience managing construction within an operating site environment
- Experienced in licensed site aspects, including: control of work, control of modifications, control of commissioning activities, hold point control
- Experienced in nuclear construction (heavily reinforced concrete / seismic requirements) and maritime structures
- Experienced in NEC3/NEC4 contract forms from the point of view of the Client, Project Manager and Supervisor
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.