Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC® brand food packaging, SEALED AIR® brand protective packaging and BUBBLE WRAP® brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.8 billion in sales in 2019 and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in 124 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Sealed Air Corp. is offering a 2021 summer internship position within I&D (R&D) Global Analytical Sciences at our Charlotte, North Carolina campus. The Analytical Sciences group includes 12 scientists, engineers and technicians, and supports the global organization in providing analytical testing using advanced instrumental analysis techniques. Capabilities include microscopy, SEM, AFM, FTIR, Raman, XRF, DSC, GC/MS, and LC/MS. While this is a temporary position, top performance in this assignment could lead to future employment opportunities at our global headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
- Reverse-engineering of multi-layer polymer films using microscopy, spectroscopy and thermal analysis.
- Characterization of new raw materials and identification of unknown contaminants.
- Determination of elemental composition using X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF).
- GC/MS or LC/MS analysis of samples or sample extracts, primarily to determine additive composition in packaging materials or composition of complex cleaning solutions.
- Participate in department safety programs, adhere to existing safety protocols, and assist in reviewing/updating existing standard operating procedures.
- Accountable for good record-keeping, including proper documentation in lab notebook and reporting in the global LIMS system.
- The ideal candidate will be currently seeking a graduate degree in chemistry. Those nearing completion of an undergraduate degree in chemistry may also be considered.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English proficiency is a must).
- Possess good interpersonal skills, enabling them to interact well with technicians, chemists, and lab customers.
- Enthusiastic about delivering accurate and timely results that add value.
- Preference may be given to those having experience with the analytical techniques mentioned above.
Requisition id: 31793
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.