We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
CPS Energy is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst 1 to provide processes improvement through data analysis and collaboration!
The 12-month service requirement for CPS Energy employees has been waived for this role. Those interested may apply regardless of time in service with CPS Energy.
Deadline to apply: August 23,2019
Identifies reporting requirements, extracts data from relevant sources and compiles information into actionable data reports. Develops data reports, analyzes trends and provides analytical support to identify opportunities to improve processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Core responsibilities focus on operational/tactical aspects of the organization and some administrative focus.
- Actively learning the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Identifies reporting requirements, extracts data from relevant sources and compiles into user-friendly, actionable data reports.
- Develops understanding of tools and processes of customers and Information Technology – lean tools, process improvement tools and data visualization tools.
- Researches and documents existing SAP (ERP), (SAP/BI) transactions and standard reports.
- Creates information views using existing landscape (data structure) and reporting tools.
- Tests and validates report data and performance.
- Trains customer on usage of tool and analysis of data. Customizes training based on evaluation of customer skill level and responsibilities.
- Facilitates discussions to provide analytical support to improve processes and cost efficiencies.
- Represents Supply Chain in cross-functional teams to impact decisions that are aligned with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Creates, forecasts and analyzes information sets to comply with external reporting guidelines.
- Coordinates, develops, analyzes and reports Capital and Operating & Maintenance financial budget.
- Evaluates existing and new tools and processes to identify needs and gaps, and keeps abreast of latest technological developments that could be adopted into the strategic framework.
- Maintains existing reports and evaluates and recommends modification or deletion based on usage, performance and age.
- Coordinates with customers on a regular basis to understand their processes and goals, gathers their information needs and evaluates impact of existing reports.
- Proactively monitors usage of information needs for customers.
- Manages security and sensitivity of data before publishing or granting access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Familiarity with inventory management concepts and warehouse management.
Ability to grasp concepts of procurement, government compliance, and work flow related concepts.
Basic understanding of data interpretation.
Initiative to work independently or as a member of a team, coordinating with others to achieve desired results
Familiarity with reporting tools such as Business Objects, SAP/BI.
Basic knowledge of project management concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems Management, Supply Chain, Operations Management or related field from an accredited university.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management or related field with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience developing process flow diagrams and using lean tools to eliminate process waste.
- Experience with leading project teams, creating dashboards and planning capital and O&M budgets.
- Working knowledge of Plant Maintenance module in SAP and Fleet Management concepts.
Delivering High Quality Work
Prioritizing and Organizing Work
High School Diploma or GED
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel between business related events. Work hours may be extended.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.