Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33717
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Revenue Management Team within the Revenue Management Division.
- Responsible for maximizing passenger revenue for a geographic region within American’s network.
What you’ll do
- Uses complex models and tools to monitor passenger demand and changes to the competitive pricing environment
- Develops an in depth understanding of the marketplace and develop yield and pricing strategies to drive a competitive advantage for American
- Manages and maximizes revenue by developing and implementing inter-departmental strategies through quantitative analysis of historical passenger demand, the competitive environment, and consumer buying behavior
- Develops a relationship with other departments to maximize the effectiveness of projects designed to improve revenue performance for American Airlines
- Works together with the Pricing Analysts focusing on competitive analysis to determine optimal pricing across the network and create new fare products to capitalize on changes in consumer buying habits, while the Yield Management Analysts manage each fare product line by considering passenger demand and optimize inventory for each portion of the network
- Presents original analysis and strategies to senior management, design departmental business processes, analyze the effects of fare and inventory changes on market performance, and work on ad hoc projects related to the airline’s strategic goals
- Leads to a thorough understanding of the core economics that drive the airline industry and position the analyst for future opportunities both within Revenue Management and other areas within the airline industry
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- BS in Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years professional experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to assemble information, extract pertinent facts, draw logical conclusions, and present recommendations
- Interest in optimization problem-solving, economic game theory, and consumer buying behavior
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions while taking ownership of job responsibilities
- Willingness to take calculated risks
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Familiarity with software programs used in conducting quantitative analysis (Oracle, SAS, etc.)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33717