Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 38805
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
Be a part of the team that is focused on delivering actionable insights in a fast-paced environment that support account management and partner relationships around the globe to drive results. We believe that data should be exciting, and when brought to life through engaging reporting large volumes of data become easy to understand. Our scope of responsibility includes channel profile data management, performance reporting, incentive reporting, and contract optimization.
What you’ll do
The role will collaborate with many different Sales teams globally to implement, evaluate, and improve reporting and contracting solutions. A critical component of that collaboration involves the management and ongoing support of database integrity. The ideal candidate is also expected to effectively communicate complex technical solutions to various business units in an easy-to-understand format.
Additionally the selected candidate will:
- Communicate with Travel Agency Programs business units to understand their business needs
- Develop data models (SSAS and Visual Studio) and optimization and contracting solutions (SQL and R)
- Design visuals using Power Apps and Power BI to aid in the agency optimization process
- Create proof-of-concept solutions and articulate them to the IT organization for production
- Investigate and propose fast and most efficient solutions that are feasible to go to market, including the tools and resources AA will be investing in
- Maintain reliability of solutions by developing and implementing standards and/or processes and documentation
- Utilize various programming languages to perform statistical research and analysis and visualize the results
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other program administration as required
- Keep abreast of industry solutions and ensure that AA keeps pace in the arena in order to increase our competitiveness
- Guide IT on the implementation of sales solutions
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Information Systems, Business Analytics or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Stong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate proficiently with all levels of management
- Prior work experience in the following: SQL, R, Visual Studio, SSAS, Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate (MS Flow), Alteryx, Azure
- Prior work experience developing and/or maintaining SQL databases and developing enterprise-level data model solutions
- Prior work experience querying, managing and organizing large data sets and applying quantitative reasoning to complex problems
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- MS or Masters degree in technical or quantitative discipline preferred
- High performance orientation
- Knowledge of airline economics and American’s/industry reporting sources like MIDT, DDS, and internal flown data
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 38805