Requisition ID: 101864
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Shared Services & Payroll
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a 6 month term opportunity for an Analyst, HR Systems Operations to join our HR Solutions and Innovation team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Primarily responsible for the configuration, testing and support of the SAP HR module
- Subject matter expert in the area of payroll processes, programs, policies, and procedures to meet current and emerging payroll requirements
- Analyze maintenance requests and spec out configuration requirements for system solutions
- Perform configuration steps and execute unit tests for accuracy
- Document configuration details using established configuration templates
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT
- Create detailed specification for IT on requests requiring ABAP coding
- Prepare transports for implementation to production using Sobeys change control processes
- Develop communication and training material for system changes where necessary
- Work as part of a team and actively contribute to areas of development with suggestions, solutions and innovative ways to achieve improvements in the use of tools and technology
- Understands the integration and end-to-end business processes, in order to problem solve payroll issues, integration points and dependencies with other systems
- Maintain and support the SAP HR module by ensuring it provides for efficient and accurate processing and meets regulatory compliance requirements
- Participates in/coordinates the testing of updates and new product releases (HRSP’s) for the SAP HR module
- Perform Point-of-Contact duties such as monitoring payroll jobs, error resolution, and email inquiries.
- Maintain the Maintenance Request used for tracking and reporting on maintenance items
- Coordinate transports amongst team members
- Re-engineer and reduce administrative transactions and improve operational efficiency where possible
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Post secondary education in Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience
- 2-3 years of payroll experience preferred
- CPA Certification is preferred
- Knowledge of the SAP system; specifically Payroll
- Knowledge of Canadian Payroll
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and experience working with big data and query tools
- Ability to re-engineer and reduce administrative transactions and improve operational efficiency where possible
- Knowledge of business analysis and/ or project management processes
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Flexible and adaptable in learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.