Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Park North – Harvard
Requisition #: 41487
Provides a wide range of administrative support to departmental leadership. Promotes efficiency, consistency, and compliance with policies and procedures. Works under limited supervision with general instructions given on new assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
- Two years of administrative support role experience in professional office environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, or related field
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in full suite of Microsoft Office and other Windows-based applications
- Experience scheduling multi-stakeholder meetings and coordinating meeting logistics, agendas, and minutes
- Maintains calendar, schedules appointments, and works with leader to manage time.
- Supports management staff or department by typing and editing correspondence, file maintenance, document reproduction, scheduling appointments, disseminating departmental information and answering telephone (answering callers' questions and providing requested information as necessary).
- Performs financial administration duties that may include reconciliation of cash activities and financial spending transactions on a monthly basis and input/submission of expense reports and invoices for payment.
- Screens incoming phone calls, and manages relationship with outside vendors and internal staff.
- Prepares and disseminates department and committee minutes/agenda and other meeting materials in a timely manner, and coordinates conference room scheduling and setup of meetings.
- Acts as office administrator to order and stock supplies, perform record-keeping, act as liaison to other departments and/or vendors, and perform quality management functions as necessary.
- Creates and edits documents using PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, while ensuring documents adhere to Childrens' style guidelines.
- Assists with the preparation and auditing of the departmental or project budget(s) and tracking/monitoring of related expenses.
- Assists with human resource and employee transaction forms and records.
- Submits department contracts and coordinates the contract process.
- Ensures Payroll/TIME is processed and in compliance with Children’s policies.
- May serve on committees as leader/department representative.
- Assists management in special departmental projects.
- Performs other department-specific duties and other assignments as appropriate.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Not Present
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 3375 Northeast Expressway, Atlanta, GA 30341
Function: Administrative/Clerical Supp – Administrative/Clerical Supp