Closing Date: September 30, 2020
Are you someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment? Join our team!
Reporting to the Off-Site Facilities Lead, the Facilities Administrative Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing administrative assistance, security and facilities support to the Off-Site Facilities Lead with minimal direction.
We are looking for a confident and skilled administrative professional to own their role in the facilities team. We require someone with phenomenal coordination skills, the ability to multitask, and experience creating and handling various reports and projects. This role requires a high level of initiative and strong customer service skills thus communication and interpersonal skills are vital.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventures at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! With an attractive Monday to Friday, Earned Day Off schedule, and a competitive salary and benefits package, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage access control requirements for employees and visitors
- Coordinate residential property assignments bookings
- Undertake reception duties for the building and facilitate workspace allocation for the various groups
- Manage office supplies and pool vehicle requirements
- Support the general maintenance requirements for buildings and parking lots
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, with previous office administration experience
- Minimum seven years’ of experience in an associated field
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and meet strict deadlines
- Experience in facilities management
- Exhibit advanced computer application skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite®: Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Strong typing and data entry skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.