Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Primary Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Burlington; Kitchener; London; Niagara
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be part of a firm where you are valued for your unique strengths and where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
So what’s next?! We are here to help. At Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, while leveraging a diverse and powerful network to solve our clients’ most pressing concerns and complex challenges.
What will your typical day look like?
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
- Learn Deloitte’s innovations and methodology – you’re not just reading numbers, you’re understanding them.
- Interact and develop global and cross-service line relationships at every level – build a network that lasts a lifetime.
- Engrain yourself in a culture that fosters excellence – a place for you to learn, to grow, to create, to lead.
- Understand the what, how, and why of change – always be ready to act ahead.
- Explore the world with our clients – help them connect the dots.
About the team
We’re currently seeking Coop & Intern students interested in Accounting and Tax!
The Accounting Services Group is about much more than just the numbers. It’s about attesting to accomplishments and challenges, and helping to assure strong foundations for future aspirations. Deloitte illuminates the what, how, and why of change so you’re always ready to act ahead. You will be asked to:
- Carry out tasks required to complete compilation and review engagements
- Complete bank and other account reconciliations
- Prepare corporate and or/ personal income tax returns and other tax compliance slips
- Identify technical issues and bring them to the attention of the engagement leader
- May carry out bookkeeping activities
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Working towards accounting diploma, degree or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and initiative, in and out of the work environment and strong interpersonal and team-building skills
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by Friday September 27, 2019 at 11:59pm.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.