Have you ever bought a cup of coffee to go? Lately have you ordered pick up for your family’s dinner?
In the summers do you grill out and use single use foam, plastic or paper products?
Oh, good! Then you are familiar with Dart Container – we set the Industry Standard of Excellence by safely and efficiently providing high-quality food and beverage packaging solutions with exceptionally reliable service to each and every one of our customers.
Dart Container is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our energetic and collaborative Fixed Assets team here on our Corporate campus in Mason, Michigan. Our successful candidate will be customer service focused, well organized with a basic understanding of accounting principles governing fixed assets and strong excel skills.
Your responsibilities are somewhat cyclical on a monthly basis. The two weeks surrounding month-end are spent opening and/or closing projects, preparing entries for creation, movement or disposal of assets, reviewing repairs and maintenance expenses for capital items, and running asset depreciation. The remaining two weeks of the month are primarily spent reaching out to plant personnel and project managers to understand project and asset activities so appropriate entries can be made at month end.
If you feel strongly that you are a high-performing candidate who wants to advance within the accounting industry, this is a great opportunity to hone your accounting skills, developing your presentation abilities and develop relationships cross functionally through various departments throughout the organization. Apply today – we are excited to hear from you!
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Requires one of the following:
- Associate’s degree with an emphasis in accounting or related field of study and one (1) year of accounting experience OR
- High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of accounting experience
- Accounting experience to include journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, making month end adjusting entries, and preparing financial statements
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of accounting concepts
- Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create spreadsheets (e.g., formulas such as V-lookups and pivot tables)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks, projects and priorities
- Up to 5% domestic travel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- SAP experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.